The «Greece – the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia IPA Cross-Border programme» 2007-2013 is a cross-border cooperation Programme co-financed by the European Union under the Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance (IPA). The Programme focuses on promoting sustainable economic and social development in the border areas and assisting co-operation for addressing common challenges in fields such as the environment, natural and cultural heritage and public health. The Global Objective of the Programme is “to enhance convergence in the programme area by promoting sustainable local development”. The “Greece – The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia IPA Cross-Border Programme 2007-2013″ is co-financed by the European Union under the Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance (IPA). It was approved on 5/09/08by the European Commission Decision C (2008) 4717.
The Programme consists of three Priority Axes:
- Priority Axis 1: “Enhancement of cross-border economic development”
- Priority Axis 2: “Enhancement of the environmental resources and cultural heritage of the programme area”
- Priority Axis 3: “Technical Assistance”
- The Programme area consists of:
- Greece: Region of Western Macedonia (Regional entity of Florina) and Region of Central Macedonia (Regional entities of Pella, Kilkis, Serres and Thessaloniki).
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Regions of Pelagonia, Vardar, Southeast and Southwest.
Project “Living history, Living nature” was approved in the Priority Axis 2, under the 2nd call for proposals.