As a conclusion, the already approved project “Lhi-Lna” tries to face the exploration of the dynamics that natural and historical heritage concentrates and the promotion of them as a whole. It will offer a useful tool to the local authorities, such as the documentation of the selected sites, which can be used as a key to preservations. The decision of the continuation of this project indicates the willing of the local authorities to use the results of the approved project and explore the increased interest in eco-tourism in both countries as a key to local economic development. Thus, both Municipalities will be able to offer innovative tourism products and services, and attract tourists while protecting their own heritage. The main problem that Almopia has to face is the lack of touristic interest in its terirtory with great excpetion the thermal baths of Loutra. Almopia concentrates a significant number of places with touristic potentials but they lack in infrastructures and there is need of public space revitalization activities. An effort for the recreation of the points of touristic interest in the vast expanse of Almopia will quarantee the mobilarization of the tourists and will mark the paths in a positive way offering the necessary balance. Additionally, both Novaci and Almopia have the extended need of monuments restorations. It is a costant need of the last decade that becomes even more crucial because of the creation of the “paths”, since the monuments will be proposed as tourists destinations. Moreover, Novaci in the will of promoting of the history and nature, is facing the problem of security in the Mariovo region that was the main battle field in the First World War;thus, the area is covered with mines and other weapons dating from that period. The Municipality considers that there is a need for a demining action around the “paths” that will ensure the safety of the visitors.
1. 6.000 brochures/ 4000 cds, 20 banners and 12 newsletters, 10 press releases 1 communication package for the promotion of the project and its objectives. 2. 4 project meetings 3. 1 project portal 4. 1 communication plan jointly exploited 5. 2 open to the public conferences 6.restoration project in the interior of the St. Dimitrij Church in Gradesnica 7.detailed design of Vyzantine monuments of Almopia. 8.Overall enhancement study of the prehistorical cave in Loutra. 9.development of a recreation park at Konjarka and network of recreation points 10. development of the public space in Aetochori as the starting point of the Roads of Living Nature in Almopia.11.Demining of the path in Mariovo 12.Art related activities in both municipalities 12. Two mobile GPS applications 13. Seminars for tourist agencies and guides. 14.Crownd sourcing tours. 14.1 project fulfilling the criteria of joint development/implementation/staffing and financing, 15. 1 project contributing to the enhancement of environment and natural and cultural resources.
Objectives of the project
• To support the idea of the creation of the “Paths of History”, “Paths of Nature” and “Crossroads of History and Nature”, as a new tourism product, enhancing the fame of the involved areas as attractive destinations of alternative tourism by introducing restored historical monuments and rearragnement of sites of natural interest.
• To reveal the dynamics of selected places of both areas as valuable attraction sites.
• To address the need for coordinated actions that will valorise the monuments and natural places.
• To use this mobilization as a factor of further development activating the contribution of the public.
• To enhance socio economic development of the area by safeguarding constant arrival of tourists fond of cultural/religious or eco-tourism.
• To enhance cross boarder cooperation with emphasis on protection of the cultural and natural heritage of both areas in an attempt to promote the diversities and similarities of the areas and to result in common tourism development.
The archaelogical sites are:Castle in Chrisi, Bridge in Aloro, Prehistorical cave in Loutra.
The churches are: St. Dimitrij in Gradesnica.
The natural sites are: Aetochori, Mariovo and Konjarka.